The primary objective in many industrial sectors (chemical, agri-food, metalworking, energy) is to replace fossil fuels with clean hydrogen, produced through electrolysis from renewable sources.
By replacing fossil fuels with clean hydrogen, the industrial sector can enter a new era of low-carbon emissions.
The objective is to guarantee the continuity of supply in the face of growing volumes and the de-carbonisation of industrial hydrogen, 95% of which is produced from fossil fuels.
H2-Power is able to offer, through hydrogen production with zero on-site emissions, on request, and on the basis of the client’s specifications:
– Security of supply and energy independence (freedom from logistical constraints)
– Cost control
– Reliability and continuity of service
– Low-emission hydrogen, significantly reducing the CO2 footprint
Transforming electricity from renewable sources into hydrogen means storing production surplus in the form of hydrogen, and then making these stores available to networks: mobility applications, heating, construction, industry, energy autonomy.
The H2-Power hydrogen solutions allow clients to:
- Enable large-scale integration and increase the renewable energy portion of the energy mix
- Resolve the intermittent nature of renewable energy: meeting the needs of networks regardless of climate factors which could affect renewable energy production
- Facilitate the meeting of supply and demand thanks to hydrogen stores that can be made available upon request
- Offer a reliable energy reserve for isolated or off-grid sites, as well as a backup solution and/or energy autonomy (buildings, telecommunication branches, data centres)
- Propagate renewable hydrogen as a solution to climate change.
Many remote places do not have access to the traditional public network for various reasons: remoteness, high costs, inaccessibility. These places have energy needs that can range from simple lighting to complete electrification.
The objective of H2-Power is to find alternative energy that can satisfy their needs.
A hydrogen solution can meet various energy needs and lead to better autonomy. H2-Power systems allow batteries to generate electricity directly during peaks in consumption. The hydrogen stored in tanks can hold a huge amount of energy and this energy can be distributed when the site needs it.
Hydrogen can also significantly reduce atmospheric pollution in the transport sector.
Thanks to their considerable range and fast refuelling, hydrogen vehicles are attracting the attention of a growing number of local administrations, car manufacturers and fleet managers, station operators, and operators of logistics platforms.
The benefits of hydrogen vehicles:
- Range: hundreds of kilometres
- Speed: refuel in minutes at an H2 station
- Efficiency: highly efficient and incredibly quiet engines
- Zero pollution: hydrogen vehicles only release a small quantity of water vapour
- Value: innovation, decentralised energy, enhancement of renewable energies, control of expenses, increase in skills, and the creation of jobs, both in companies and throughout the country.
H2-Power is able to design and build hydrogen distribution stations and to assemble charging stations for hydrogen electric vehicles.
The most critical point of the energy transition to hydrogen is seasonal storage. The basic principle is to store energy during the periods in which it is more freely available and then to use these stores during the periods in which energy is less available.
How can solar energy and wind energy be stored during those seasons in which they are more freely available in order to use these stores when the energy is less available?
H2-Power storage systems allow hydrogen – produced by electrolysis from renewable electricity – to be stored in cylinders or in buried storage tanks, and then to be reconverted into electricity through fuel cells when necessary. In this way, storing hydrogen can be done at a reduced cost and using just a few, common raw materials.
Furthermore, hydrogen is also an important industrial gas, which is why it is essential to have infrastructure that can produce large quantities of it economically and in a sustainable way. This solution has been designed and tested, above all, for large-scale applications (electrical networks), but also for small- and medium-sized installations (from individual homes to schools, companies, and villages).
Do you have a project in mind?
Our team is at your disposal, ready to lend a hand!